Monday, July 2, 2012

Japan Mission Trip

Wow, I can't believe it is only a week and three days away! If you don't know what I'm talking about, let me fill you in! As an intern at my church here in Hawaii, I will be travelling with a team of roughly twenty people to Yokohama and Saitama in Japan. We will be working with two churches there, teaching English, and spreading the gospel. I am really looking forward to it, but I barely know Japanese (my fault, I haven't been studying enough). Please pray for a safe trip there and back again, and that we could reach the youth of Japan with the gospel of Jesus Christ crucified and resurrected for their sins. This partially explains why I have been inactive on the blog, although I must confess that it is also my fault for not taking the time to post more often. Please pray that we may be an effective weapon for curtailing the work of the devil, and that we may be a light to those around us.
I will post with updates on how the trip is going, and when we're done I'll post pictures and type up a debrief of sorts.

2 comments:

  1. Have I told you I'm jealous yet? ;)
    That's so awesome Joe. I'll be praying for you and your group! Have a blast in Japan and it some sushi for us remaining stateside, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have now! :D
    Thanks for the prayers, we're gonna need them! I will definitely have a blast, and I will be eating tons of sushi, although Michael may starve a bit... Have a good summer, and keep in touch, ok?

    ReplyDelete

If you are new to this blog, please read the rules of the blog and the mission of the blog pages. If you have read those, then please feel free to post away! You can find the mission of the blog in the archives for August 2011.