Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy Palm Sunday

Grace and Peace to you in the Name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest! Such were the words of the crowd that greeted Jesus as he rode on the donkey into Jerusalem. If I were there back on that day I would probably be one of those in the crowd. I hope that I would not have joined the crowd that only a few days later shouted "Crucify him!" I'm sure there were many who belonged to both crowds. As I sat in church this morning, I once again reminded myself it was my sins that sent him into Jerusalem that Passover, that kept him there, and later drove him to the cross. Great is our Lord, who could work the greatest miracle in all history out from the depths of the greatest travesty in all time.

As you go about your life today, remember that this was the day our Lord rode into Jerusalem, praise him and thank him for his sacrifice, for if you do not, the very stones will cry out.

Thank you Lord, for your greatest sacrifice, that your son may die, and we live.

Farewell,
Joe Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are new to this blog, please read the rules of the blog and the mission of the blog pages. If you have read those, then please feel free to post away! You can find the mission of the blog in the archives for August 2011.